Sometimes the inevitable is going to happen. We’ve all made decisions that have led to us getting a ticket. Sometimes those tickets lead to us getting a ticket directly from a Traffic Enforcement Officer. This can be a very stressful moment, so below I’m going to give you five tips on what to do (or NOT to do) in that situation.
- Act Like an Adult: I wanted to make this point first because it is so important. Don’t scream and cry and make a scene. Just take the ticket like an adult and then later we can help you fight it.
- Don’t Get Frustrated: This point is related to the first point, but I wanted to give it special attention. These things happen to everyone some times. The best thing is to remain calm. If you get frustrated, you might miss something you could use later to fight the ticket.
- Ask the Officer for a Courtesy: If you are acting like an adult and not getting frustrated, you have a better chance of getting an officer to cut you some slack. Don’t assume you are entitled to this just because you aren’t acting crazy though.
- Remember Why Tickets Are Given: NYC is a big, bustling city. Tickets are a way for the city to help make sure things keep moving. Without Traffic Enforcement, our already chaotic city would be unmanageable.
- Don’t Escalate The Situation: Just keep in mind that if you act really poorly, the officer has every right to throw you in jail. There is nothing worse than taking a bad situation and escalating it.
Also, remember to read about how the ticket should look if you are behind the wheel in my previous post ‘Getting a Parking Ticket With The Car Running.
If you do end up with one of these pesky tickets, that’s where Ticket Wiper comes in to help. Just download the app and scan for your ticket in the NYC Database. Then we will fight the ticket for you, and if we win, you only pay 50% of the ticket. Otherwise, you don’t pay a dime. Try it out today!