Today I’m going to show you the 10 most common tickets given in the 6th Precinct between July of 2016 and July of 2017. This Precinct includes Greenwich Village and the West Village.
- Muni Meter (38) Failing to show a receipt or tag in the windshield. 22617 tickets issued
- Muni Meter (37) Parking in excess of the allowed time. 17959 tickets issued
- General No Standing: Standing or parking where standing is not allowed by sign, street marking or; traffic control device. 16522 tickets issued
- General No Parking: No parking where parking is not allowed by sign, street marking or traffic control device. 16076 tickets issued
- Street Cleaning: No parking where parking is not allowed by sign, street marking or traffic control device. 15404 tickets issued
- Standing or parking on the roadway side of a vehicle stopped, standing or parked at the curb; in other words also known as “double parking”. 7065 tickets issued
- Standing or parking a vehicle without showing a current inspection sticker. 5277 tickets issued
- Stopping, standing or parking closer than 15 feet of a fire hydrant. 4187 ticket issued
- Standing of a non-commercial vehicle in a commercial metered zone. 3808 tickets issued
- Truck Loading/Unloading: Standing or parking where standing is not allowed by sign, street marking or; traffic control device. 3273 tickets issued
If you do end up with one of these pesky tickets, that’s where Ticket Wiper comes in to help. Just download the app below and scan for your ticket in the NYC Database. Then we will fight the ticket for you, and if we win, you only pay 50% of the ticket. Otherwise you don’t pay us a dime. Try it out today!