Today I’m going to show you the 10 most common tickets given in the 5th Precinct between July of 2016 and July of 2017. This Precinct includes Chinatown and also contains Little Italy and the Bowery.
- General No Parking: No parking where parking is not allowed by sign, street marking or traffic control device. 20736 tickets issued
- Muni Meter (37) Parking in excess of the allowed time. 15566 tickets issued
- General No Standing: Standing or parking where standing is not allowed by sign, street marking or; traffic control device. 14890 tickets issued
- Truck Loading/Unloading: Standing or parking where standing is not allowed by sign, street marking or; traffic control device. 12595 tickets issued
- Muni Meter – (38) Failing to show a receipt or tag in the windshield. Drivers get a 5-minute grace period past the expired time on Muni-Meter receipts. 11302 tickets issued
- Standing of a non-commercial vehicle in a commercial metered zone. 9553 tickets issued
- Street Cleaning: No parking where parking is not allowed by sign, street marking or traffic control device. 6673 tickets issued
- Standing or parking on the roadway side of a vehicle stopped, standing or parked at the curb; in other words also known as “double parking”. 6571 tickets issued
- Standing or parking a vehicle without showing a current inspection sticker. 4241 tickets issued
- Failing to show a muni-meter receipt, commercial meter zone. 4231 tickets issued
If you do end up with one of these pesky tickets, that’s where Ticket Wiper comes in to help. Just download the app below and scan for your ticket in the NYC Database. Then we will fight the ticket for you, and if we win, you only pay 50% of the ticket. Otherwise you don’t pay us a dime. Try it out today!