Today I’m going to show you the 10 most common tickets given in the 108th Precinct between July of 2016 and July of 2017. This Precinct includes Long Island City, Sunnyside, and Woodside.
- Street Cleaning: No parking where parking is not allowed by sign, street marking or traffic control device. 23195 tickets issued
- Muni Meter – (37) Parking in excess of the allowed time. 23052 tickets issued
- General No Parking: No parking where parking is not allowed by sign, street marking or traffic control device. 18122 tickets issued
- Muni Meter – (38) Failing to show a receipt or tag in the windshield. 14729 tickets issued
- General No Standing: Standing or parking where standing is not allowed by sign, street marking or; traffic control device. 11856 tickets issued
- Stopping, standing or parking closer than 15 feet of a fire hydrant. Between sunrise and sunset, a passenger vehicle may stand alongside a fire hydrant as long as a driver remains behind the wheel and is ready to move the vehicle if required to do so. 9827 tickets issued
- Standing or parking a vehicle without showing a current inspection sticker. 9809 tickets issued
- Standing or parking a vehicle without showing a current registration sticker. 5707 tickets issued
- Parking a Commercial Vehicle more than 3 hours, where parking is allowed. 4198 tickets issued
- Standing or parking on the roadway side of a vehicle stopped, standing or parked at the curb; in other words also known as “double parking”. 3983 tickets issued
If you do end up with one of these pesky tickets, that’s where Ticket Wiper comes in to help. Just download the app below and scan for your ticket in the NYC Database. Then we will fight the ticket for you, and if we win, you only pay 50% of the ticket. Otherwise you don’t pay us a dime. Try it out today!