Today I am going to show you the 10 most common tickets given in the 18th Precinct of Manhattan between July of 2016 and July of 2017. This precinct includes the Diamond District, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the Theatre District, Restaurant Row, Radio City Music Hall, and Rockefeller Plaza.
- General No Standing: Standing or parking where standing is not allowed by sign, street marking or; traffic control device. 85921 tickets given.
- Failing to show a muni-meter receipt, commercial meter zone. 33086 tickets given
- Stopping, standing or parking a vehicle in Midtown Manhattan (the area from 14th Street to 60th Street, between First Avenue and Eighth Avenue) other than parallel or close to the curb. 21575 tickets given
- Standing of a non-commercial vehicle in a commercial metered zone. 19585 tickets given
- Standing or parking on the roadway side of a vehicle stopped, standing or parked at the curb; in other words also known as “double parking”. However, a person may stand a Commercial Vehicle alongside a vehicle parked at the curb at such locations and during such hours that stopping, standing and parking is allowed when quickly making pickups, deliveries or service calls. This is allowed if there is no parking space or marked loading zone on either side of the street within 100 feet. “Double parking” any type of vehicle is not allowed in Midtown Manhattan (the area from 14th Street to 60th Street, between First Avenue and Eighth Avenue inclusive). Midtown double parking is not allowed between 7:00am – 7:00pm daily except Sundays. 14783 tickets given
- Muni Meter — Parking in excess of the allowed time. 11286 tickets given
- Parking in a Muni Metered space in a commercial metered zone in which that Muni Meter is working and indicates the time has ended. 11086 tickets given
- Parking a Commercial Vehicle on any city street with its platform lift in the lowered position while no one is with the vehicle. 8010 tickets given
- Bus Stop: Standing or parking where standing is not allowed by sign, street marking or; traffic control device. 7864 tickets given
- General No Parking: No parking where parking is not allowed by sign, street marking or traffic control device. 7177 tickets given
If you do end up with one of these pesky tickets, that’s where Ticket Wiper comes in to help. Just download the app below and scan for your ticket in the NYC Database. Then we will fight the ticket for you, and if we win, you only pay 50% of the ticket. Otherwise you don’t pay us a dime. Try it out today!